Slipstream conducts research, implements market interventions, and delivers industry-leading education all focused on scaling heat pump adoption for space heating.
Areas of focus
- Piloting and optimizing dual-fuel heat pump applications
- Air-source heat pump (ASHP) market transformation planning in Wisconsin
- Air-source heat pump training and market research in Illinois
- The Michigan Utility Heat Pump Collaborative
- Study of the impact of electrification on health and equity
- Study of occupant interaction with heat pump controls
According to ENERGY STAR, replacing all residential electric water heaters less than 55 gallons in the U.S. with heat pump water heaters (HPWH) could prevent annual greenhouse gas emissions of 140 billion pounds. We are conducting research, training the market, and piloting new approaches to move this critical end use toward an electric future.
- Study of performance and occupant acceptance of heat pump water heaters in the upper Midwest
- Market interventions for increasing HPWH adoption
- 120V heat pump water heaters for lower cost and easier installation
Learn more with our heat pump trainings and resources
Grow your own practical knowledge of heat pumps with the free trainings and educational resources we provide as part of our continuing education catalog. Please create a free account to access the full catalog of past recordings and online courses.
- Free technical trainings on air-source heat pump installations
- Webinar: Ductless heat pump applications for high-performance homes
- Webinar: Ducted mini splits applications and performance
- Webinar: HVAC technology enhancements for energy conservation