Funding a sustainable future
As climate-action plans ramp up throughout the U.S., cities increasingly turn to C-PACE financing to achieve their energy goals. At Slipstream, we work with eligible municipalities to secure C-PACE financing and administer the programs that help drive us all toward a more sustainable future.
What is C-PACE financing?
Commercial property-assessed clean energy (C-PACE) financing provides low-cost, long-term loans for commercial property owners to install energy efficiency upgrades in both existing buildings and new construction projects—often with annual utility savings greater than the annual C-PACE payments.
Slipstream works with multiple jurisdictions throughout the Midwest—from major metros to rural counties—to leverage C-PACE and accelerate climate action goals:
- In Wisconsin, where projects impact buildings in 47 different counties, C-PACE will hit $80 million in project funding in 2021. In 2020, PACE Wisconsin projects netted 7,800 metric tons of CO2 savings.
- The City of Milwaukee recently selected Slipstream as its partner to grow the climate and economic impact of their C-PACE program.
- In Illinois, Cook County represents one of the largest regional C-PACE footprints in the country.
Benefits of C-PACE
For local governments, C-PACE is a no-cost economic development tool to achieve climate action goals and re-invest in a building stock with cleaner, more sustainable buildings. For commercial property owners, it represents an opportunity to improve building value and performance with low-cost, long-term financing. For us at Slipstream, it’s a chance to use our expertise to lower the carbon footprint of commercial spaces—putting us closer to a clean energy future.
How Slipstream Helps with C-PACE Financing
- Core C-PACE administrative services. We reduce the work of creating and implementing new programs, making for an easier transition for energy offices.
- Management of capital providers. We handle financing so public officials and developers can focus on putting the dollars to use.
- Training and qualification of contractors. We make sure projects can be completed professionally and efficiently.
- Marketing of C-PACE programs and opportunities. We turn state, county, and city C-PACE commitments into real, transformative programs.
For more information on C-PACE, contact Market Development Director - PACE Kim Johnston.