Slipstream is named a Green Master for fourth year in a row
We are excited to be named a Green Master by the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council (WSBC), for the fourth year in a row. The Green Masters Program is a recognition and assessment program for Wisconsin businesses interested in improving and promoting their sustainability initiatives. The objective of the program is to provide companies with a benchmark for themselves and the ability to compare their sustainability performance to other companies.
The program measures sustainability performance in nine key areas: energy, carbon and other emissions, water, waste and materials management, transportation, supply chain, community and educational outreach, workforce, and governance.
Green Masters is a points-based program, set up to encourage continuous improvement by establishing three levels of participation: Green Apprentice, Green Professional, and Green Master. In order to achieve Green Master level, companies must score in the top 20 percent of participating businesses. Last year, 27 companies throughout Wisconsin were recognized as Green Masters. We are proud to once again be a part of that top percent.
Our sustainability philosophy is to achieve the greatest impact through continuous improvement, employee engagement, and embedding sustainability ownership and action directly in business functions. Our internal sustainability initiatives are to champion and deliver innovative energy initiatives that produce enduring economic and environmental benefits for all. We aim to do better each year specifically in the areas of climate change, energy, transportation, water, material use, waste management, and corporate social responsibility/governance. This year we celebrate several successes, including:
- growing employee knowledge of and enthusiasm for sustainability through the work of an active Green Team, a newly-convened building efficiency team, and routine sustainability communication
- enhancing diversity and inclusion on our nonprofit Board of Directors
- reducing our annual footprint and completing our fourth year with a net zero footprint pursuant to developing and implementing a net zero carbon footprint policy in 2015
- reporting to CDP to enhance and influence transparency related to emissions
- working on Scope 3 emission reduction, including ongoing education, reflection, and action on employee commuting
- earning Green Masters recognition
Motivated by our philosophy and successes, we will keep setting goals, taking action, and sharing our work. Participating in Green Masters gives Slipstream the opportunity to collaborate with Wisconsin businesses on sustainability issues and challenge each other to make continuous improvements in the future.
Congratulations to our fellow Green Masters and thank you for your continued commitment to sustainable business practices. We look forward to learning from you and working toward our shared goal of a clean energy economy!