Whether you are interested in solar, wind, electric power distribution, or energy efficiency, the bottom line is the clean energy sector is blossoming with career opportunities.
Students don’t need to go far: local Wisconsin vocational schools—along with traditional colleges and universities—all offer degrees and programs to help meet this workforce demand.
Slipstream partnered with Wisconsin’s K-12 Energy Education Program (KEEP) to obtain interviews from several stakeholders that are on the front lines of a clean energy future. Join us for a behind the scenes look into some of these careers and the people that are making an impact every day here in Wisconsin.
In this video series you will:
- Meet people in a variety of careers who are making buildings and communities more efficient and sustainable
- Explain what is involved with Wisconsin’s 100% carbon-free electricity goal
- Learn how the transition to a clean energy economy is creating new job opportunities
- Explain the career pathways for students to get involved in achieving these goals
- Discover local secondary education opportunities to take the next step to enter the clean energy workforce in Wisconsin
Please take a moment and watch some of our videos in the series below. More career paths and videos will be posted over the summer. Thank you!
Leading the Way with Policy
Solar Energy Careers
Utility Careers Featuring an Electric Superintendent and a Lineworker
Exploring the Chippewa Valley Technical College’s electric power distribution program