According to the World Economic Forum, climate change represents the greatest risk facing the world today. The COP21 agreement, signed by 175 countries on April 22, 2016, demonstrates a broad international consensus that everyone is responsible for working toward a low-carbon future in order to minimize climate change and manage the associated risks. How might climate change affect your business?
- Increased energy costs
- Heightened regulatory oversight
- Price instability
- Greater business uncertainty Measuring and managing your company’s carbon emissions is the first step toward mitigating some of these risks.
Developing a carbon footprint (or carbon inventory) is necessary to begin to understand and manage the impact of your company’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Additionally, your carbon footprint could reveal lucrative new business opportunities as you champion the global shift toward a low-carbon economy.
Our experts are here to help In the same way that rules from the IRS govern your financial accounting practices, frameworks such as the Greenhouse Gas Protocol and reporting structures such as CDP set standards for emissions reporting. Slipstream has certified Greenhouse Gas Inventory Quantifiers on staff, meaning we are equipped to ensure your carbon footprint is calculated based on the leading international standards. Determining your company’s carbon footprint requires careful planning and thorough analysis. Slipstream adheres to a comprehensive and thorough process based on industry best practices, so you can rest easy knowing your company’s carbon footprint complies with all relevant standards and protocols. Overview of services Slipstream is here to help with each stage of carbon footprint development:
- Determine which parts of your organization should be included in the inventory and which activities are relevant
- Help you understand and evaluate your options while ensuring compliance with GHG Protocol standards
- Identify necessary data, locate the optimal source for each data type, and develop a plan to collect and compile the data
- Assist with data aggregation
Activity data collection
- Complete all data collection activities for your company, OR
- Provide you with tools and guidance in order to support your company’s in-house data collection activities
- Provide emissions factors and data analysis to translate your company’s business activities into a calculation of greenhouse gas emissions
- Develop and present a carbon footprint report that meets internal and external stakeholder requirements, segmenting emissions by scope, activity, facility, and other relevant factors
- Prepare your company to assess its current performance and chart a path toward a lowcarbon future
- Assist with publicly reporting your emissions information and/or carbon management strategy to CDP
- Provide complete documentation of your carbon footprint process
- Assist you with institutionalizing the process within your organization.