Slipstream is seeking candidates with a desire to apply both reason and creativity towards the creation of a sustainable energy society. Under the direction of the Research and Innovation department, the Research Analyst supports Slipstream’s efforts to collect and analyze data to inform innovative solutions and decisions to enable a transition to this clean energy vision.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
- Support data mining and analysis efforts evaluating energy efficiency and renewable energy strategies in buildings, campuses, communities or regional settings. Efforts will include, but not be limited acquiring data from both internal and external sources, analyzing and interpreting the data, and communicating results.
- Quantify a number of research outcomes including energy system performance, emissions reduction potential, cost-benefit metrics.
- Translate complex data and present results in formats that are useful and actionable. Utilize clear graphical representations of data, such as bubble graphs and scatter diagrams, to help visualize and understand processes, impacts, and shortcomings for understanding in broader community.
- Support efforts to maintain high data quality standards and quality of data reporting.
- Conduct secondary research on various topics, including emerging technologies and the interaction of technology and consumer behavior.
- Work with database developers and other researchers to define data collection needs and to facilitate resolution.
- Present research and analysis results to diverse audiences, including internal staff, senior management, clients, and at conferences.