Process Manager - EFSThis full-time position is in our Madison office.
Slipstream is seeking candidates with a desire to apply both reason and creativity towards the creation of a sustainable energy society. Under direction, the Process Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational activities of Slipstream's programs; specifically, these responsibilities will apply to the operations within Energy Finance Solutions, a service offered by Slipstream.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
1. Manage services and coordinate related support services such as Information Center, IT, marketing, and accounting.
- Assess support service needs across all programs and assign resources that optimize efficiency while ensuring superior service across all programs.
- Participate in an annual process evaluation for each program, representing the residential unsecured loan program and related components.
- Directly manage client program delivery, including the development of processes, procedures and technologies that minimize costs while providing high quality customer service.
2. Manage operations including (but not limited to) form development, form processing, invoice processing, reporting and quality control initiatives. Specific initiatives should include:
- Serve as a liaison to the clients for services and administrative functions.
- Directly manage the day to day underwriting and loan processing activities, ensuring consistent and appropriate decision-making and communications
- Identify and implement process improvements that can increase efficiencies.
- Track and monitor operations to identify and address any hold-ups, areas of inconsistency or other operational barriers.
- Ensure work activities are consistent with established process flows and procedure handbook.
- Monitor workflow and adjust work assignment and staffing levels when necessary.
- Review loans for approval, advise staff regarding loan funding, provide guidance to staff with underwriting questions and program eligibility requirements, address escalated issues from customers or contractors
3. Recruitment, Supervision and Professional Development of Team Members:
- Work with Slipstream’s Recruiter to hire the most qualified and talented staff to fill open positions within the department.
- Provide appropriate level of training to new department staff.
- Provide information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
- Address and resolve all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
- Work with department staff on individual professional development.
- Prepare and conduct annual performance reviews. Complete and submit all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline.
4. Oversee the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of operational database services.
- Work with Slipstream staff, contractors, and clients to qualify data collection, warehousing, and reporting needs.
- Work with Slipstream IT staff to develop dynamic, cost effective database solutions to meet needs.
- Coordinate the development of data entry and reporting interfaces for staff, contractors, and clients.
- Provide quality control to ensure data integrity.
- Conduct training for Slipstream staff, contractors, and clients on data entry and reporting systems.
- Complete preparation of various program materials as needed, including rebate checks, program updates, qualified equipment lists, new program information and material requests.
5. These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration or related field.
2. 3-5 years of experience in a loan origination/underwriting environment, in a supervisory or management capacity;
3. 3-5 years of experience working with income-related documents, including some familiarity/experience with IRS reporting requirements;
4. 3-5 years work experience in operations management and staff supervision to include:
- Lead and build a team
- Facilitate and resolve team conflicts
- Manage staff performance
- Implement new and revised process improvements
- Set priorities for staff and self
- Oversee day-to-day activities of a service function
5. Excellent written/ verbal communication and listening skills
6. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software. Experience with/in the following would be a plus:
- Contract management
- Origination system automation and interfacing technology
- Lending regulations/compliance
- Product sales; leading marketing initiatives, interfacing with clients, and presenting materials at conferences/trade shows
- The energy efficiency industry
Periodic travel will be required.
Candidates may be required to demonstrate written communication acumen as part of the screening process.