Under supervision, the Marketing Projects Coordinator contributes to the success and increases the efficiency of specific programs at Slipstream and our mission. This involves day-to-day facilitation of marketing and outreach deliverables.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform the following activities to support Slipstream marketing initiatives:
- Assist in the implementation of communication, marketing and/or projects on time and within budget.
- Serve as a copywriter and content creator across multiple media platforms (print, radio, social, web, etc.). Write using a distinctive voice as required for specific target audiences.
- Coordinate and activate marketing production efforts including, but not limited, to social media, email communications, press releases, outreach, web, creative print, digital and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Create complex reports, validate and/or compile data and other materials (i.e. marketing, etc.) necessary for program administration or services rendered.
- Review documents and information for quality purposes to support the programs or services offered.
- Proactively seek information from sources (call center, web sites, etc.) regarding tracking of marketing campaigns and adjust marketing efforts accordingly in collaboration with marketing managers, and director of marketing and communications.
- Generate metrics and measurements which are used to enable continuous improvement and ensure effective use of resources.
- Act as a liaison with other departments to ensure consistency is maintained and deadlines are being met.
2. Coordinate process activities to include:
- Deliver tasks with an attention to detail and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Provide input for processes improvements.
- Implement new and enhanced processes as directed.
- Review processes to ensure standards will be met with the programs or services offered.
3. Support others to include:
- Assign work for self and others (i.e., department staff, cross-functional teams or assigned contractors, etc.).
- Assist with various administrative tasks such as email/postal distribution lists management, cooperative advertising efforts, weekly and monthly reports and item requests.
- Ensure that communication and marketing outputs are consistent, accurate and appropriate.
- Assist others with use of systems, tools and templates.
4. These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s preferred or in marketing, journalism or related field.
- 3-5 years of advanced administrative support and processing work experience in a specialty area such as branding and marketing, internal communications, public and media relations required Process and enter information using multiple databases and/or financial systems.
- Proficiency using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as familiarity with Adobe products. Experience formatting documents using styles preferred.
- Understanding of computer systems and project management practices preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with minimal direction
- Web-based experience to include marketing with social media and website content and advertising
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills including proofreading with high attention to grammar and verbal and written presentation
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
||Slipstream provides a competitive benefit package, including health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, and 401(k).
|About the Organization
||Slipstream (the result of a January 2019 merger of Seventhwave and WECC) is a mission-driven non-profit dedicated to advancing innovative strategies for real energy impacts through engineering, education and research. We implement award-winning energy efficiency programs that offer innovative approaches to address today's energy challenges. Our organization is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, with a growing team in Chicago, Illinois. We provide a challenging, stimulating work environment that prizes collaboration and work-life balance. Slipstream provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, arrest or conviction record or any other basis provided by applicable law.
||Slipstream is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.