Loan SpecialistThis full-time position is in our Madison office.
Slipstream is seeking candidates with a desire to apply both reason and creativity towards the creation of a sustainable energy society. Under supervision, the Loan Specialist performs loan and subsidy processing functions for one or more programs within Energy Finance Solutions.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
1. Loan & Subsidy Processing:
- Respond to consumer and contractor inquiries regarding the loan or subsidy programs; maintain phone coverage for assigned calls
- Accept applications, enter into database, and review information to confirm program eligibility and compliance.
- Underwrite loans and subsidies in accordance with guidelines.
- Advise customer and contractor of eligibility to participate in the program(s); provide ongoing processing status updates as necessary.
- Review and/or approve installation measures; enter into the database and draft agreements. ◾Prepare files for payment and initiate funding to contractors.
2. Handle administrative functions, including but not limited to:
- Maintain inquiry database and handle brochure mailings
- Log the receipt of loan and subsidy applications
- Solicit a credit report and prepare a loan file.
- Upload/mail loan documents
- Clean, scan, and save completed files, mail original documents to Investor/Custodian
- Send ACH notices to contractors
- Open, route and file correspondence as determined appropriate.
3. These duties are not considered all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Conduct peer review to ensure quality
- Generate internal reports and take action as necessary
- Conduct contractor application preparation and review
- Assist with trainings as necessary
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. 1-3 years experience working in a banking or credit union environment providing:
- Customer service
- Loan origination and underwriting
- Understanding and processing of income-related documents (paystubs, W2, 1099, Tax Returns)
- Date entry using MS Access or comparable software
- Loan Processing
- Credit analysis
3. Demonstrated use of MS Office to include Word and Outlook
4. Ability to follow a process manual and work within programmatic guidelines
5. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates may be required to demonstrate written communication acumen as part of the screening process.