George Edgar Internship
In recognition of the long term leadership, knowledge and expertise of George Edgar, Slipstream has created the George Edgar Internship program to provide college or high school students the opportunity for training, professional growth and development in the sustainable energy industry. The opportunity will lend itself to hands on learning, promotion of industry interest and contribution to continuing Slipstream's mission. The student will work on site at Slipstream and be functional members of a team.
Slipstream is a mission-driven non-profit organization dedicated to advancing innovative strategies for real sustainable energy impacts through engineering, education and outreach, research, and program delivery. Our award-winning initiatives offer innovative and equitable solutions to address today's energy and environmental challenges.
- Assist staff with collecting and compiling energy efficiency and renewable energy information from buildings, communities and states
- Assist staff with quantifying energy system performance and emissions reduction potential
- Assist staff with developing project recommendations and concepts through graphical representations and reports
College students should have undergraduate or graduate level standing
High school students should have Junior or Senior standing
Familiarity with basic computer software such as MS Excel and MS Word
Ability to work in a team environment
Join Slipstream and be part of:
- An independent non-profit seeking solutions to energy challenges
- A passionate, dedicated and talented staff
- National, regional and local initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint
- Award-winning programs that make a difference