The toughest energy challenges demand the sharpest minds. That’s why Slipstream is looking for a senior manager to grow the Program Design & Delivery team! Are you:
- Passionate about making a real impact?
- Experienced with developing and scaling programs from the ground up?
- Inspired to find innovative strategies for transforming our energy future?
Then we want to connect with you!
Slipstream is a nonprofit, mission-driven organization taking on the complex issues surrounding equitable sustainability, better buildings and the clean energy future. Our team has a passion for pushing the envelope and developing new program offerings for hard to reach markets. Customers engage us because they trust our reputation for technical expertise, scientific approach and proven solutions that provide real energy savings for real impacts across local, regional and national initiatives.
Slipstream is seeking an experienced energy efficiency program manager to manage the implementation of an energy efficiency program for a large Midwestern utility. This position will be located in our Chicago office.
- Key account management working closely with utility client personnel to monitor program results delivering high quality work on time and on budget.
- Oversee all programs/services and project design, planning and delivery within the program portfolio.
- Lead program-level decision-making and guide future program strategy to ensure client needs are being met.
- Educate program participants as to energy conservation and efficiency opportunities along with the options, costs, and benefits.
- Lead program budget planning, cost tracking and forecasting activities.
- Oversee the development of program performance tracking and reporting systems.
- Conduct QA/QC of program processes and protocols, offering design improvements and recommendations.
- Establish and manage subcontractors that participate across the program.
- Develop and manage relationships with project partners, vendors and other stakeholders.
- These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field and/or
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience preferably includes the following:
- Project management
- Budget and contract management
- Providing strategic direction into the development of programs or projects
- Leading cross-functional team(s)
- Building and managing client/peer/vendor relations
- Ensuring deadlines are met
- Conducting or overseeing research and analysis of programs/contracts
- Supervision of a professional team of employees and contractors
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to analyze, manipulate, and present data effectively in reports, presentations and informal communications
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with others, motivate teams, and maintain good relationships with clients
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software
- Demonstrated connection and commitment to Slipstream’s mission
||Strong employee benefits differentiate organizations. Slipstream provides a competitive benefit package, including health and dental, life and disability, 401(k) and generous PTO.
|About the Organization
||Slipstream (the result of a January 2019 merger of Seventhwave and WECC) is a mission-driven non-profit dedicated to advancing innovative strategies for real energy impacts through engineering, education and research. We implement award-winning energy efficiency programs that offer innovative approaches to address today's energy challenges. Our organization is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, with a growing team in Chicago, Illinois. We provide a challenging, stimulating work environment that prizes collaboration and work-life balance. Slipstream provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, arrest or conviction record or any other basis provided by applicable law.
||Slipstream is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.