Program Manager - HomesThis full-time position is in our Madison office.
Under general direction, the Program Manager is directly responsible for the formulation, evolution, and communication of the strategic vision for programs for Slipstream.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
1. Oversee the activities for Slipstream’s programs
- Assist with the development of annual program plans, propose and track goals, develop budgets, establish operational metrics, and develop promotions and programs that are in line with the market and that will help further the reach of efficient Energy saving products in the market.
- Assist and utilize an understanding of market channels to determine how best to deliver product-related services; implement new service delivery; and evaluate whether the delivery is meeting demand.
- Interface with other Slipstream Program and Project Managers to assure integration of appropriate activities among market sectors.
- Investigate new technologies to determine energy savings potential and include those new technologies in program offerings as appropriate.
- Provide technical trainings to program allies and other parties as needed.
- As needed, assist with development of program advisory groups designed to help steer programs appropriately within the channels.
- Coordinate the development of program marketing materials with the Marketing Managers as needed.
2. Qualify and conduct technical analysis of proposed energy efficiency projects.
- Review energy efficiency improvement projects submitted in conjunction with incentive pre-approval requests to quantify anticipated energy savings. Utilize administrative support staff to facilitate communications with clients and project tracking.
- Communicate with end-use customers, trade allies and other parties to collect data necessary to qualify the project and conduct technical analysis.
- Assist with program M&V activities, expectations, deliverables and communications to insure high quality information for technology review and assessments
3. Participate in long term program planning and evaluation
- Manage the evolution of the program including changes over time to ensure cost effective delivery objectives are met.
- Evaluate program activities to determine applicable changes to meet program goals and objectives
- Work with the operational areas management to identify opportunities for streamlining the processing of lighting incentive applications and to implement process improvements that increase the efficiency and processing time of lighting incentive applications
- Assist Client Services staff with responses to RFP’s both for new and existing clients.
4. Coordinate with external parties, such as sponsors, governmental agencies, and national affiliates, on program issues and develop partnerships that benefit the program and represent Slipstream at regional and national conferences, for example American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE), Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE), etc., as appropriate.
5. Develop and manage staff.
- Supervise, coach, mentor, develop, address performance issues and conduct annual performance reviews for assigned staff.
- Work with HR to hire the most qualified and talented staff to fill open positions within department.
6. These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, energy policy or related field
2. 3 to 5 years experience in sales and relevant preparatory work, including
- Project management
- Program budget management
- Sales and promotional planning
- Prioritize assignments/projects to meet crucial deadlines
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software
In today's market, strong employee benefits differentiate organizations. Slipstream provides a competitive benefit package, including health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, and 401(k).
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1980, Slipstream is a mission-driven nonprofit designing and delivering real energy solutions for our clients' benefit. Slipstream champions innovative energy initiatives that deliver short- and long-term economic and environmental benefits to consumers, businesses, and policy makers. Slipstream's team of experts is passionate about delivering measurable results.
Why work for Slipstream?
- Challenge yourself
- Achieve meaningful outcomes
- Drive change
If you're an enthusiastic individual looking for new challenges with a company that respects people, planet, and productivity, send us your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Slipstream is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.