Process Manager - Residential Energy Training ProgramsThis full-time position is in our Madison office.
Under general direction, the Process Manager is responsible for defined deliverables within defined budget for a portion of a program or service offered through WECC.
Primary & Essential Responsibilities
- Manage activities within a program or service to include, but not limited to:
- Manage project/service activities from point of inception to completion. This includes, but not limited to: meeting timelines and deliverables as well as ensuring quality and compliance standards and developed processes are being maintained.
- Provide analysis of project/service provided to ensure client needs are being fulfilled.
- Work with peers and team members to evaluate projects/services including processes for purpose of identifying and implementing process efficiencies.
- Lead project teams with internal and external members to ensure effective and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Participate in hiring of diverse talent for the department team. Mentor, develop, coach team members and/or project team members and resolve issues as determined appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships to ensure WECC grows and remains competitive in the marketplace.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients, internal and external.
- Keep current and/or learn of new or existing industry best practices through seminars and trade association participation.
- These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Program Related Responsibilities
- Manage the planning, implementation and feedback process of assigned training activities.
- Support curricula design, development and evaluation for assigned training including coordinating with subject matter experts (SME).
- Support the development and implementation of low income energy assistance and technical training conferences.
- Facilitate the development, revision and maintenance of program manuals, guides, technical assistance resources, and program materials (brochures, posters, etc.) as assigned.
- Facilitate technical assistance for energy program-related software products including user technical support, guide development, user group facilitation and training resources as assigned.
- Support technical data analysis related to program results as assigned.
- Manage Information Center support of Home Energy Plus programs.
- Manage Low Income Municipal & Cooperative Commitment to Community Programs.
- Facilitate development, modification and updates of assigned program websites or website components.
- Manage tracking and quality control of training and participant data including support of the Home Energy Plus Training Management & Tracking System.
- Provide input and review of program pilots, research projects and reports as assigned.
Administrative Management activities
- Support compilation of reports including monthly activity tracking, quarterly activity tracking, annual contract reports, and other supporting reports for assigned projects as needed.
- Support the development of assigned project operating plans and related budgets.
- Tracks the budget for assigned project/service utilizing WECC’s financial systems and client requirements.
- Support WECC’s Interstate Renewable Energy Council training program accreditation and Building Performance Institute Training and Test Center activities.
- Mentor current program coordinator(s) and program assistant(s) to increase department efficiencies and skill set.
- Support department data tracking for WECC’s strategic initiatives.
- Serve as a leader at WECC and as part of the department leadership team.
- Increase overall project management knowledge in order to back up other project and program managers on team.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education or related field and
- 3-5 years of program/service work experience to include the following:
- Budget tracking and management
- Program /Process implementation
- Project management
- Prioritize work assignments for self and others
- Track and analyze data and make recommendations
- Build client relations
- Excellent verbal and written communicate skills including proofreading and grammar.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional Desired Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of and experience with state and federally funded Low Income Weatherization Assistance Programs.
- Experienced in adult education and training development.
- General knowledge of state and federally funded Energy Assistance Program (like Wisconsin’s Home Energy Assistance Program – WHEAP).
- General knowledge of state and federally funded Housing and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs.
- General knowledge of energy efficiency programs utility and/or community-based.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and CRM.
Additional Position Related Information
- Position is based out of the Madison office
- Travel required – mostly within State of Wisconsin – average 2-4 days per month
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Valid drivers license and ability to operate 12,000 lb vehicle
- If candidate does not have any experience or education related to adult education or training/curriculum development and they are selected they must be willing to attend classes or obtain knowledge, skills and abilities in this area as directed by the Senior Manager.
BENEFITSIn today's market, strong employee benefits differentiate organizations. WECC provides a competitive benefit package, including health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, and 401(k).
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONFounded in 1980, WECC is a mission-driven nonprofit designing and delivering real energy solutions for our clients' benefit. WECC champions innovative energy initiatives that deliver short- and long-term economic and environmental benefits to consumers, businesses, and policy makers. WECC's team of experts is passionate about delivering measurable results.
Why work for WECC?
- Challenge yourself
- Achieve meaningful outcomes
- Drive change
If you're an enthusiastic individual looking for new challenges with a company that respects people, planet, and productivity, send us your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
EOE STATEMENTWECC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.